TAX FREE - information for travellers
If you have permanent place of residence outside the European Union, you can get a VAT refund on goods bought in Poland in TAX FREE points.
Note: a seller may refund VAT if a traveller took the purchased goods outside the European Union no later than on the last day of the third month following the month when the sale took place.
- Buy in points of sale marked with TAX FREE logo
Remember that you are entitled to a VAT refund when you buy goods for min. 200 PLN from one seller.
- Inform the seller that you want to use TAX FREE
Choose the way of tax refund:
- non-cash - you will receive your tax refund in the form of your choice,
- cash - you will have to collect your tax refund personally from the seller.
Remember that you cannot change selected form of tax refund for a given TAX FREE document!
Ask your retailer for:
- electronic version of TAX FREE document to your e-mail address, e.g. in pdf format, or
- a printout of the electronic TAX FREE document.
The electronic TAX FREE document is automatically forwarded to the border
Present the TAX FREE document and the purchased goods when leaving
At the border:
- show the officer of the Customs and Tax Control Service your TAX FREE documents (printed or on a mobile device)
- inform about missing goods
- present the exported goods (upon request of the officer)
- the TAX FREE system will generate an electronic export confirmation for all presented TAX FREE documents
- if you have a printed TAX FREE document, upon your request you will receive a POLSKA-CŁO (POLAND-CUSTOMS) stamp
- If you have a TAX FREE document issued in another Member State and you leave the territory of the European Union through the Polish customs border crossing point - in this case the confirmation of the export of goods will be POLSKA-CŁO (POLAND-CUSTOMS) stamp,
- If you have a Polish printed TAX FREE document and you leave the territory of the European Union from a Member State other than Poland - you will obtain a confirmation of export of goods in accordance with the regulations in force in a given country.
- You will receive a VAT refund:
- if you have chosen non-cash - you will receive your tax refund in the form indicated at the time of purchase,
- if you have chosen cash - you will have to collect your tax refund personally from the seller,
Remember that you cannot change the form of tax refund once chosen.