Regulations on the use of the Electronic Services Portal
of the Customs Service (PUESC)
§ 1. General Information
- These Regulations on the use of the Electronic Services Portal of the Customs Service (PUESC), hereinafter referred to as the "Regulations", govern the rules on information exchange, including electronic documents, between public entities and non-public entities, referred to in the Act of 17 February 2005 on computerisation of activity of entities implementing public tasks (Journal of Laws of 2014 item 1114).
- The Electronic Services Portal of the Customs Service (PUESC) a single access point to e-services of the Customs Service, hereinafter referred to as the "PUESC" - is made available by the Ministry of Finance with its seat in Warsaw, at ul. Świętokrzyska 12, 00-916 Warszawa, hereinafter referred to as the "MF".
- The Minister of Finance acts as the data administrator.
§ 2. Definitions
The terms indicated below shall have the following meanings:
- PUESC Account – user's account created in order to provide the possibility to use e-services made available by the Customs Service;
- official confirmation of submission/UPP – an electronic document issued by the public administration entity as a confirmation of submission of an electronic document;
- official confirmation of delivery/UPD – an electronic document confirming that the electronic document sent by the public administration entity has been delivered;
- User - a natural person using e-services made available by the Customs Service.
§ 3. General conditions
- Using of the PUESC is free of charge.
In order to use PUESC correctly it is necessary to meet the following requirements:
- Internet connection;
- a web browser: Internet Explorer version 8 or higher or Mozilla Firefox in version 6 or higher, or Google Chrome;
- operating system: Windows: XP/SP2, 2003, 7, 8 or Vista , or Linux;
- enabling Java Script and the so-called "cookies";
- in case of some elements of the website it may be required to install and enable the Flash Media Player plug in the latest version from the Adobe website for web browsers listed in item b, if it is missing, or to update it to the latest version in case of problems to display certain elements of the website.
- The User is bound to get acquainted with the provisions of the Regulations before it starts using the PUESC.
- MF shall not be liable for the lack of access to PUESC due to reasons for which MF is not responsible.
- MF reserves the right to decide on the PUESC content.
- MF endeavours to ensure that the PUESC content is updated and reliable.
- For security reasons and due to other reasons beyond the MF's control, MF is authorised to suspend the access of Users to PUESC temporarily, over a period necessary to eliminate the effects of the existing circumstances, undesirable for MF or for Users.
§ 4. Registration – creating the PUESC account
- In the PUESC MF makes the following contents available:
- generally accessible, dedicated to the general public,
- available to Users.
- The creation of the PUESC Account requires the consent of the natural person and making his/her name and surname, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, name of country of origin and PESEL number available.
- Data on users will be used for the exchange of information by electronic means exclusively.
- The Users are authorised to have access to their data and to correct them.
- The User may, at any time, cancel the consent referred to in item 2, which will be equivalent to the resignation from holding the PUESC Account.
§ 5. Suspending/removal of the PUESC Account
- MF reserves the right to suspend the PUESC Account in case the user violates the law or the provisions of these Regulations.
- The User whose account has been suspended must not re-establish the PUESC Account or re-register, unless the prior consent of the MF has been granted.
- In the case if, following the period of suspension, the User does not cease the activities non-complaint with the law or the provisions of the Regulations, MF reserves the possibility of permanent removal of the account.
- MF shall notify the User of the suspension or removal of his/her account.
§ 6. Rights and obligations of the MF
MF allocates rights to use e-services made available by the Customs Service under PUESC.
MF guarantees the unquestionable character of the following confirmations issued:
- official confirmation of submission/UPP,
- official confirmation of delivery /UPD.
- MF shall not be liable for any actions of the User or a person authorised by the User to act on his/her behalf.
- MF undertakes to take any required measures in order to eliminate Users' actions which are illegal or non-compliant with the Regulations.
- MF undertakes to protect Users' personal data, in accordance with the provisions of the Act of 29 August 1997 on personal data protection (Journal of Laws of 2014, item 1182, as amended). Documents submitted through PUESC and personal data contained therein are subject to protection in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation of the Minister of Interior and Administration of 29 April 2004, concerning the documentation of personal data processing and the technical and organisational conditions to be fulfilled by the IT equipment and systems used for personal data processing (Journal of Laws No. 100, item 1024).
§ 7. Rights and obligations of the User
- The User is bound to use the PUESC in compliance with the applicable law and the provisions of these Regulations, including the refraining from performing any actions, within the use of the services, which are not compliant with the social standards and customs, as well as the generally applicable rules related to the use of Internet.
- The User is authorised to use e-services upon registration, whereas the use of advanced services, including those in the area of import, export, transit, intra-Community trading, transfer of goods in the scope of excise, requires the appropriate registration process based on the e-Customer service.
§ 8. Personal Data Protection
MF shall guarantee the protection of data and information to PUESC users, in accordance with the personal data processing security policy adopted and used in the MF.
- MF shall not be liable for any unauthorised change of data or access to information intended for the PUESC user by third persons, using the original ID of the user.
§ 9. Copyrights and related rights
The content of the PUESC is protected by copyrights, including the provisions of Article 4 of the Act of 4 February 1994 on copyrights and related rights (Journal of Laws of 2006 no. 90 item 631, as amended), pursuant to which normative acts or their official drafts; official documents, materials, signs and symbols; published patent or protective descriptions; simple press information - do not constitute the subject of copyrights.
§ 10. Final provisions
- The Regulations are effective as of 1 April 2015.
- The Regulations are made available free of charge in the form enabling their downloading, recording and printing.
- To matters not regulated herein the provisions of the binding law shall apply.
- The Regulations may be amended.
- In case of amendments to the contents of the Regulations, the User shall be informed accordingly during the authentication of the access to the account.
MF notifies of particular threats associated with the use of electronic services. The information refers to threats identified by MF as potential threats that should be taken into account, irrespective of MF using systems protecting the MF infrastructure against unauthorised impact of third persons:
- Possibility of malware effects (e.g. malware software, internet worms),
- Possibility of disclosing the cryptographic system weakness , enabling its breaking or evasion, resulting in a possibility to acquire personal and confidential information,
- Possibility of password phishing through sending false electronic messages resembling authentic messages and, as a consequence, acquiring personal and confidential information related to the user.
MF informs that in order to improve the quality of services and for the purpose of customer preferences surveys, it uses "cookies". The cookies enable to enhance the quality of services due to storing customers' preferences. MF collects information from the cookies for own needs. The cookies do not identify personal data, do not affect the performance of the final device or its software. The cookies constitute the chain of characters sent from the ICT system of MF to the user's computer during opening of the website by the web browser. The cookies may store user's preferences and other information, whereas the condition for the cookies' activity is always their approval by the browser, without removing them from the disk. In the web browser settings it is possible to select the option of rejecting the cookies or signalling the cookie has been sent.